Two True Crime Rocket Scientists have contributed to this post. They’ve based their contributions on this episode from J for Justice:
Heid’s friend Carissa confirmed Maygen Humphrey’s worked at Cypress Ballroom as a wedding planner. They have a FB page. There are a few mentions on Maygen. Carissa confirmed Maygen didn’t have social media and sent no photos of the baby to any friends.
Carissa said Maygen didn’t have her cell phone # and was surprised to hear from her after Heidi went missing. I believe Maygen used Heidi’s cell phone to obtain the number. I’m not sure if the authorities had the forsenic data from the phone because they received a tip.
Humphrey’s is her maiden name. Carissa stated Maygen had asked her “does anyone know my last name?” Carissa stated that Maygen had quite a bit of money and another house in Hawaii. I’m not sure if she did or not.
This was taken from her twitter account.
Baby crib in Houston |$25
Baby crib good condition
Note the date
More bizarre is Chris Green…see twitter posts by A.J. Weberman.
Living on Bo Jack Rd. would be definite improvement from the area in South Austin. See the reviews for the apartment complex. Carissa confirmed Heidi was living in a studio apartment. She wanted to move to Shane’s father’s house which is empty after he re married but Shane’s father said no.
Cairssa stated that Shane inherited $10,000 when his grandfather passed away and he was “keeping” it. I think for his drinking habit and drugs. Carissa lists what drugs he took. Xanax some other ones. Carissa mentioned Heidi moved out and was having fun partying and met someone and they had sex but went back to Shane. She become pregnant during this time. So, the paternity test will be revealing.
At the time she moved back Shane beat her while pregnant and Heidi filed a formal complaint floating around on FB. When Heidi was giving birth Shane left and went out to drink and Maygen stayed for the birth. Also, she went with Heidi to her pre natal appointments.
Interesting that in Channelview, Texas Maygen in 2011 while married opened a day care at the house. Channelview Child Care. The Mushroom Patch Child Development which is on FB. I confirmed the address.
958 Earls Ferry Drive Channelview, TX
Carissa noted that Heidi’s seat was pulled back in her car.
From Feirmusca’s twitter account. Christopher Green is owner of the house in the photo.
And this from Sylvester:
1) The friend said Shane thought Heidi had gone to Katrina’s. Katrina lives in the complex. Rather than knock on Katrina’s door, he calls someone named Rachael to ask if Heidi was with Katrina. Odd. But Friend said he was controlling, always had to know where Heidi was. So maybe not so odd. He keeps tabs on her whereabouts. Unless he was feigning concern by calling someone to check on her and not be pro active by looking himself.
2) Friend says Shane would be on binges, drinking binges, and not come home for days. It’s possible then that he did not “hit the snooze button” that morning, go in and wake Silas and Heidi at 6:40, give them a kiss, etc. Friend also said Shane would take vicodin and xanax. This reminds me in some ways of the Haleigh Cummings case – how everyone around Haleigh had a opioid drug habit. Alcohol may be the main culprit here though. Alcohol and a dysfunctional relationship.
3) Rachael says, according to the friend, that Heidi’s car seat was all the way back. Driver’s seat or passenger? Didn’t say, no one asked. Might Shane have done some transporting – or are we going to pin it all on this Maygan person and one other woman.
4) Shane also has two stories – the purse was in the apartment – no it was in the car. Was she abducted from her car – then made to turn off her cell phone? Odd.
5) Heidi’s on again off again relationship with Shane. That she texted someone she had “found the love again” with a guy named Christopher when she was in the midst of the on again off again relationship with Shane – but most of all the baby might be with someone named Casey. That was the biggest highlight so far – that friend said paternity has not been established. That Heidi “went with Shane” because she just guessed it might be Shane’s “because it was closer.” And Shane knew it might not be his.
6) Shane looking through dumpsters at 7 pm. Why was he doing that? According to friend, he was looking through the dumpsters before he called the police, and was still looking into them while the police were there at 7:30. That I find hard to believe. The police would want to question him, not allow him to roam around looking into dumpsters. But I don’t doubt that he was looking into dumpsters, he admits he was. But friend said she doesn’t think he was looking for keys. If the baby car seat, clothing, diapers, blanket, etc. were in the apartment then what was Shane looking through dumpsters for? Maybe not looking through them but depositing something IN them.
7) Friend thinks the working timeline should not begin at 2 pm but should begin the last time Heidi was heard from or seen – which was 8:23 when she texted a friend. Was this the Maygan friend who stole her baby? If so that’s scary awful. Friend didn’t know this at the time of this phone interview. Timeline should be 8:23 to when Shane picked up Silas at 5:38. And
8) Friend said “he did not get a phone call” (from the after school karate program to pick up Silas). Well we know that he did so where is she getting that he picked up Silas at 5:38. But that is peculiar. If he did pick up Silas before he got the phone call from the after school program, then that is very suspicious. He’s not even waiting for Heidi to go get Silas.