When does video footage qualify as evidence? Simple – when it’s high-quality and unambiguous. What then if it’s low quality and ambiguous, is it entirely useless as evidence? Not quite.
More: Patrick Frazee trial: Defense questions timeline, lack of black tote in surveillance photos – The Denver Channel
All the defense needs to do is provide a measure of reasonable doubt. And yes, there is some. There is talk that there is more evidence implicating Kenney than Frazee. Maybe, but the surveillance video doesn’t suggest she was there on November 22nd. That doesn’t seem to be something addressed by either legal counsel.
Yet another police officer affiliated with the investigation is identified. This time it’s WPPD Corporal Beth Huber. Huber did a review of the CCTV surveillance from Safeway.
If Frazee is innocent, then why is it that there’s an impression of him being less than honest? For example:
And then there’s this problem:
There’s also the issue that Frazee
was late for completely missed a scheduled Thanksgiving Dinner with his mother and brother that day. What was he supposedly doing all afternoon that afternoon that held him up?
When Sean does encounter his brother he seems to be “acting normal”, as does 1-year-old Kaylee. This raises a question – if there was a murder that day, wouldn’t Kaylee have witnessed it in some way, and if she did, wouldn’t she be traumatized?
True Crime Intertextualities:
1. Kelsey not seen taken out of her home [neither was Shan’ann].
2. Video evidence matters, but not necessarily sufficient.
3. The defense alleged prosecution’s footage has been manipulated to overstate their case. They cite strange incongruous shadows that don’t match up with chronological lighting, unless cloud cover played a role.
4. Just as happened during the Watts case, the first hearing in November coincided with mid-term elections. The same thing interrupted – and arguably interfered with – coverage of the Frazee trial.
4. Frazee “appears normal” after the alleged incident.
If Chris Watts blundered by not removing Shan’ann’s purse, keys, car and meds, Frazee has the opposite problem. Why is Kelsey missing, but food is on the table, her cars are out back, but her personal possessions [including phone] are gone and apparently on the move?